After the crisis: growth for the turnaround
The TMA held a very successful panel discussion on 11 February 2015 on the topic of “After the crisis: growth for the turnaround”.
Fredrik Vernersson (Strategy&PwC) moderated the discussion with Roger Leijonqvist (Triton), Annika Muskantor (Interim CFO, Owner Frideborg Consulting) and Jonas Cunningham (EY).
Key discussion points
• Do you think about rebuilding at the start of a turnaround?
• How to find the profitable core of the business
• If you want something you’ve never had (a stable and growing business), be prepared to dom something you’ve never done!
• How do you assess future growth prospects?
• When and how do you strike the hard blows that are required?
• How important to a turnaround are the Management and personnel who are in place?
• How do you deal with the existing Management and Boards?
• How do Directors duties impact on turnarounds?
• How do international and Swedish financiers differ in their views to turnarounds?
• The trials and pitfalls of negotiating with your financiers
• What happens if after 2 years, you are in the same position?
• What distinguishes a case you will accept as opposed to one you won’t?
• What do you need to have in place to maximise the chances of success?
• What are the priorities when stability has been achieved?
• What does “stability” mean?
Definitely a seminar worth attending, with some excellent takeaway points for all present. All in all, a hugely successful event. Our thanks to PwC for their generous support of the event and for providing light snacks and drinks after the presentation!